We have been preparing to see you!
We have been very busy getting the clinic ready for you while we waited for the Government of Ontario and our Regulatory Colleges to tell us when that would be. When we received the news we could open: we were ready to see you. We have been diligent in physically preparing the clinic as well as setting policies and procedures in place.
We want you to know about the changes we have made and what you can expect when you attend a rehab session at Pro Motion. We also want you to rest assured that every guideline and recommendation has been implemented because we are concerned about the safety and well-being of our patients and staff as well as their families. Over the past few days, we have started to asses and treat patients in the clinic and they have expressed confidence in the measures we have put in place.
About Clinic Safety:
- This starts before you enter the clinic. Please see our new safety steps below:
- When you book your first appointment in the clinic, you will be asked over the phone if you have any of the COVID-19 symptoms. Each symptom will be read to you. This gives you an opportunity to let us know if you have any symptoms and allows us to answer any questions you may have.
- After your first appointment, and before each subsequent one, you will receive an email to ask you, once again, to review all the symptoms and respond back to us you have done this.
- Upon your arrival, you will once again be asked to respond to the COVID-19 questionnaire before entering the clinic.
- Once you enter the clinic, there is a hand-sanitizer station for you to use.
- You will see that the front desk is now surrounded by Plexiglas to enhance safety for staff and patients. You can still see our great receptionists very well!
- The waiting room now has restricted seating as we encourage patients to arrive at the appointment time and leave promptly after treatment.
- Please come to your appointment on your own unless you require assistance or you are a minor. There are hand sanitizing stations located at the entrance and throughout the clinic. At the very minimum you should sanitize your hands upon arrival and at departure.
- We have been researching the recommended disinfectants by Health Canada for use in our clinic and have ample supplies.
- Our staff has been trained on enhanced infection control measures. Processes and procedures are in place to make sure all the equipment and spaces you use have been disinfected prior to your use.
- In addition, common areas of the clinic are disinfected several times throughout the day. The staff have a detailed list of all surfaces that need to be disinfected.
- At this point, our patient washroom is closed and we ask you to use the washrooms that are located in the mall hallway just outside of the clinic.
About Personal Protective Equipment (PPE):
- We ask all patients to arrive with a face mask. If you do not have a face mask one will be provided to you.
- Your therapist will also be wearing a mask
- Each therapist is required to have dedicated clothing or over garments for treating in the clinic.
- Depending on your specific treatment, the therapist may wear gloves, a mask and/or a face shield. If you are uncomfortable with the level of PPE’s your therapist is using, please do not hesitate to tell them. All staff have gone through training provided by public health on proper hand sanitizing and the proper use PPE’s.
About Contact Tracing:
- Anyone entering the clinic is required to provide their name and contact telephone number. As our patient, we already have that information. In the unlikely event that it is discovered that someone COVID-19 positive was in the clinic, everyone who may have had contact with that individual will be notified.
- We are happy to bill your insurance company if they allow direct billing. Please talk to us about that.
- To reduce the amount of contact we require all payments to be made using a credit or debit card (no cash).
- You will also have the option of paying electronically via email.
- We recommend that we send you an email copy of your receipt.
The Pro Motion Physiotherapy team realizes that these necessary changes will require an adjustment for our patients. However, they are necessary so we can provide you with the safest possible environment for your rehab treatment. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
We are here for you.
We look forward to seeing you!
The Pro Motion Physiotherapy Team
WE ARE EXCITED TO NOW BE OPEN FOR BOTH IN CLINIC & VIRTUAL CARE!
We are all ready to see you.
We are excited to let you know we started providing care to our patients this past week through Online Virtual Physiotherapy.
To keep each other safe, the current situation with COVID-19 has forced most of us to stay confined to our homes. However, although you may need to stay inside and avoid the spread of this virus, you can still receive good treatment to improve your pain, movement, strength and function, in the safety of your home.
We are open for Tele-Health and Urgent Care
We hope all of you are well and safe. We have appreciated hearing from you. You have let us know that you are doing all you can to keep your loved ones, and yourself, safe. And, that means, staying inside in the safety of your home.